Mission & Purpose
Our teachers believe each student is a Child of God gifted with the potential to achieve success.
Teachers at St Paul are dedicated to developing the whole student to become an independent learner. We are committed to help children develop their full potential as God's creation as we:
- Teach children to serve God and others.
- Equip children with knowledge and skills for living.
- Acknowledge each child’s uniqueness. Create an active,
- Christ-centered learning environment.
- Honor God through active church participation.
St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church of Northville was founded in 1896 and began a Christian Day School program that same year. Discontinued for a time, St. Paul Lutheran School was re-established as a two-room school in 1959. The present school facility contains ten classrooms, a full kitchen, gymnasium and administrative offices for both the church and school. St. Paul offers a complete program of Christian education for students from preschool through grade 8.
St. Paul is a member of the Michigan District of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. We believe and teach the doctrine of the Triune God. God the Father is our Creator. Jesus, God’s Son, is our Savior and Lord. The Holy Spirit calls us to faith through the Sacrament of Holy Baptism and keeps us in that faith. We accept all the Canonical Books of the Old and New Testaments as the inspired Word of God, and all the Symbolical Books of the Evangelical Lutheran Church contained in the Book of Concord (of 1580) as a true and sound exposition of the doctrines of the Bible.
The Christian education program of St. Paul Lutheran School is an integral part of the mission of St. Paul’s congregation. Our school is the expression of concerned and committed Christians who believe that no price is too high to assure that Jesus Christ, our Risen Lord, is the eternal and overpowering figure in the education of our children.
By the grace of God, we endeavor to help each child to grow spiritually, emotionally, intellectually, socially, and physically to the best of his God-given ability. Above all else, we are committed to the belief that we must, and will, daily confront each student with the knowledge of his own sin and of God’s infinite love, as shown by His redeeming forgiveness, purchased and won through the life, death, and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Purpose of St. Paul Lutheran School
St. Pauls Lutheran School exists to:
- Lead individuals to faith in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior and to keep them in that faith through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Assist parents in raising their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
- Educate children according to Biblical principles to provide for their spiritual and intellectual growth.
- Academically prepare each graduate for entrance into any Senior High School.
- Achieve and maintain high academic standards in all subject areas consistently integrated with and related to, the teaching of God’s Word.
- Help children discover their unique God-given gifts and develop them to full potential.
- Provide a Christian atmosphere for the development of physical skills.
- Encourage the development of Christian relationships in the home, school, church, and community, and to teach love and respect for others and country by word and example.
- Lead children to express their Christian faith through lives of service to others and responsibility to training.
- Strengthen St. Paul congregation and the church-at-large by providing effective Christian training.