In keeping with the primary mission of St. Paul Lutheran School, the Christian religion forms the center upon which all instruction is based. Each class opens daily with a brief devotion, followed by instruction in Christian doctrine and Biblical study. In the lower grades, the religious instruction consists chiefly of learning Bible stories, together with their applications to everyday life, and the memorization of brief Bible passages and “memory gems.” In the higher grades, a systematic study of Christian doctrine, as outlined in Luther’s Small Catechism, is added.
In addition to the religious instruction, the pupils receive instruction in all secular branches of learning as required by the State of Michigan. These include reading, spelling, handwriting, English, literature, mathematics, social studies (geography, civics, history, etc.), science, computer education, fine arts (music, art, etc.), physical education, and health. In order to provide our students with the best educational opportunities available, modern instructional methods and materials are used, including films, videos, and other audio-visual aids. Many of the texts and other materials used in the classroom are secular in nature. The goal of our school is to help our students understand how to respond to these ideas as Christian students. It is expected that parents will support our curriculum.
All students are required to participate in regular physical education classes unless a valid excuse is received from a parent either in writing or by telephone call. Children need a doctor’s permit for extended nonparticipation in gym classes.
Choose the grades below for a summary of each.
Qualified and experienced Christian personnel are in charge of this program. It is designed to help each young child develop a positive attitude, a good self-image and a walk with Jesus, the foundations on which a successful education can be built.
St. Paul Preschool Program is fully licensed by the Department of Consumer & Industry Services. A complete Preschool handbook is available through the school office.
- 3-year & 4-year old programs.
- 16 students maximum/session.
- Christ-centered environment. Daily “Jesus Time”.
- Teacher with over 15 years experience.
- Activities in art, music, science.
- Teacher aide in all classes.
Preschool Schedule8:30 - 9:00 Greeting Time/Fine Motor table activities
9:00 - 9:10 Opening Circle, Bible Time, intro Weekly Letter and Theme
9:10 - 10:30 Centers and Small Groups
(during this time we explore Literacy, Math and Science concepts, Handwriting without Tears activities, Sensory activities and Crafts. Also visit Free Choice Centers including housekeeping, writing, blocks, etc.)
10:30 - 10:40 Clean Up
10:40 - 11:00 Bathroom, Calendar, Music and Movement activity
11:00 - 11:15 Snack
11:15 - 11:30 Literacy Time: Stories, Songs, Rhymes, Show and Tell
11:30 - 11:55 Outdoor or Gym Large Motor Time
NOON Dismissal (Half Day Students)
Extended Day12:00 Lunch in classroom
Lunch is at 12:00 noon in the classroom. Afternoon actviites include:
- Rest, read, relax
- Enrichment Centers
- Bathroom, Snack
- Enrichment Literacy TIme: Stories, Songs, Rhymes
- Project (craft to go with story or theme, cookmg activity, etc.)
- Outdoor or Gym Large Motor Time
* Chapel is on Wednesday, *Library is Friday mornings.
* Times are approximate and subject to change based upon special activities and needs/interest of the children
- 16 students maximum.
- Morning program (Full Day Option Available)
- Christ-centered environment.
- Social skills developed.
- Phonics, letters and word recognition.
- Early math concepts conquered.
- Small class sizes, 20 students maximum.
- Quality Christian education program.
- Strong academic curriculum.
- Phonics reading method.
- State certified teachers at all levels.
- Computer learning program.
- Music education program.
- Library and Accelerated Reader program.
- Spanish Instruction
- Uniform dress code.
- Morning and after school care 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Northville district bus service.
- Active Parent Teacher League.