Our Understanding and Practice
(Communion is Celebrated at 8:30 am every 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 5th Sunday,
and every 1st, 3rd & 5th Sunday at 11:00 am)
The Bible states, “Let a man examine himself…for anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment upon himself.” (1 Cor. 11:28-29) We welcome those sharing our Lutheran understanding.
In order to receive the full blessing of this Sacrament; you confess:
1. I am a baptized Christian who has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. I am truly sorry for my sins.
3. I am repentant and resolved to amend my life and follow God's will as taught in His Word.
4. I truly believe that I am receiving the very body and blood of Jesus with the bread and wine, and as a result, the forgiveness of sins.
5. I believe that this sacrament is more than just a memorial meal.
We ask, when worshiping with us, that you acknowledge your public agreement with our practice by registering on the Friendship Card.
Please speak with the pastor or an elder if you hold a different confession, are in doubt or have any questions about communion or our Lutheran beliefs.
Non-communing visitors and children may come forward to receive a blessing by crossing their arms.